- Open Access
- Authors : Ganesh Mahalle , Shabnam Khan
- Paper ID : IJERTV9IS110232
- Volume & Issue : Volume 09, Issue 11 (November 2020)
- Published (First Online): 08-12-2020
- ISSN (Online) : 2278-0181
- Publisher Name : IJERT
- License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
Experimental Study on Bond Performance of Reinforced Bars Embedded in Fiber Reinforced Concrete with Optimum Replacement of Lime Sludge with Cement
Ganesh Mahalle1 , Shabnam Khan2
1Professor, Civil Engineering Department, Ballarpur Institute of Technology, Ballarpur, Maharashtra, India 2Final year B.E Student, Civil Engineering Department, Ballarpur Institute of Technology, Ballarpur, Maharashtra, India
Abstract: Lime sludge, an inert material composed of calcium carbonate and Plastic which do not decompose easily and remain in the environment which causes environmental problem. But lime sludge has the properties similar to cement and plastics have the properties of tension and it can reduce permeability of concrete, due to this bleeding of water can be reduced. This project aimed at the study of bond stress by using this waste product. The conclusion was made after project was the bond stress was maximum at 2%. It also concludes that as the fiber percent increases the bond stress increases and it decreases with the decrease of percent of fiber. The maximum bond stress of concrete after replacing cement with lime sludge was found to be
8.09 N/mm2 and 12.26 N/mm2 for 7 and 28 days respectively. The optimum workability of concrete was found to be at 2%.
Key words: Lime Sludge, Plastic Fiber, Bond Stress
For construction and infrastructure process, Concrete is the most important material as it gives strength to a structure. To increase the strength of concrete, now a day plastics or plastics fiber and lime sludge are used. Plastic fiber are used as admixture due to its easily availability, light weight and the property to reduce crack due to Plastic shrinkage and dryingshrinkage. The plastic fiber can reduce permeability of concrete, due to this bleeding of water can be reduced. Lime sludge, an inert material composed of calcium carbonate, and is the result of softening hard water for distribution as drinking water. Lime sludge is used as replacement to the cement as it has same properties as cement. As this both products are waste material (plastics and lime sludge from BGPPL), so to used it in convenient way we used this material in our project.
1. To find out the percentage of admixture as plastic fiber which gives the optimum strength to concrete.
2. To compare the result of various percentage replacement with adding of plastic fiber.
3. To give the proportion which produce the low-cost concrete.
4. To search for new materials in which weak matrix is reinforced with strong and stiff fibers to produce a composite of superior properties and performances.
5. To study the bond stress and strength of concrete by adding fibers.
MATERIAL AND METHODOLOGY
1) Cement2) Sand3) Aggregate4) Lime Sludge5) Plastic fiber6) Reinforcement bars