- Open Access
- Authors : Dr. V. Selvam, A. Naseeba
- Paper ID : IJERTCONV8IS03031
- Volume & Issue : ICATCT – 2020 (Volume 8 – Issue 03)
- Published (First Online): 02-03-2020
- ISSN (Online) : 2278-0181
- Publisher Name : IJERT
- License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
Customer Satisfaction on Organic Food Products in Namakkal (DT)
Dr. V. Selvam
Assistant professor, Department of Commerce Vivekanandha College of Arts and Sciences for Women (Autonomous)
M.Phil Research scholar, Department of Commerce Vivekanandha College of Arts and Sciences for Women (Autonomous)
Abstract:- The adoption of organic production and processing is highly determined by market demand. This is reflected in consumers awareness and fulfilment towards organic food products. Organic foods are foods that are produced using methods that do not involve modern synthetic input such as synthetic pesticides and produced using methods that do not involve modern synthetic inputs such as synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. Organic buyer tend to be older and higher educated than who do not buy them. However, the main barrier to raise the market share of organic food product is consumer information.
Keywords: Organic, Production, Demand, Consumer, Produced, Reflected.
Agriculture is currently changing into reworked into dynamic productive and profitable sector owing to ever- increasing demand for food products. so as to cope up with the food production target, a lot of stress is probably going to be to agricultural inputs. The presence of residues of insect powder in food commodities and alternative parts of the setting could be a matter of great concern. The main reasons some choose to consume organically grown foods is the thought that they are consuming little or no pesticide residue left on produce, they want to support an industry that is more gentle and has less negative impacts on the environment. Organic and natural foods are those produced by natural, without the use of any chemical fertilizers, pesticides or additives.
REVIEW OF LITERATURE
Shafie and Rennie (2016), assessed consumer perceptions towards organic food and found that food safety, human health and environmental concern along with sensory attributes such as nutritive value, taste, freshness and appearance influence organic food consumer preferences. Premium price continues to suppress organic food consumption. Understanding the potential of the organic food to become a genuinely mainstream market. Consumers perception regarding organic food consumption is influenced by five factors, namely food safety, price, environmental friendly, nutrition and sensory attributes. Food consumption patterns are ever- changing as a result of health and environmental issues.
Mehra and Ratna (2017) found that six significant factors were found to influence the attitude towards organic food, health, consciousness, and product information, value for money, accessibility and trust. Result of the study showed that women and younger consumers showed a positive attitude towards organic food and perceived consumption of organic food to be healthier food option. They were keen on getting product information and compared labels while selecting nutritious food. Women perceived consumption of organic food to be a healthier option.
Sharma and Bali in (2018) concluded that consumers are very much aware that organic food are good for health, these products are free from chemical which resulting in no side effects and do not cause harm to the consumers. The consumers living in urban Areas are more aware about organic food helps to reduce stress level and maintain an energetic lifestyle. Another factor this study found that respondents are willing to pay even higher prices because of it is beneficial for health.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Natural organic food has plenty of advantages when compared to the non-organic food that have been processed with artificial preservatives and chemicals. Settling for these `foods for everyday receipts can really assure of health benefits since these all natural and no harmful effects of pesticide and other chemicals. Purchasing and using for their general utilization the analyst demonstrates enthusiasm on the positive effects. To known the customer preference towards natural organic foods the study has been undertaken.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
- To know the type of natural organic products preferred by the customers.
- To identify the purchase frequency of organic products.
- To study consumer awareness about organic food product.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Organic food promotes a balance of human, other living organisms and the nature. It also promotes no artificial preservatives and best maintain the originality of food. This prevents excess use harmful ingredients and
thereby ensures. It likewise advances no fake additives and best keep up the inventiveness of nourishment. The subjective norm influenced intention to consume, however it absolutely was perspective that was found to be of bigger important.
The validity of any research is based on the systematic method of data collection and analysis. Both primary and secondary data were used for the present study. For collecting primary data, 150 sample respondents were selected from namakkal district
AREA OF THE STUDY
The area of the study refers to namakkal.
SAMPLE AND SIZE
The study based on primary data. The primary data had collected from selected consumers on simple Random sampling techniques and retail outlets of organic products marketing agencies.
TOOLS FOR ANALYSIS
The following statistical tools were used in this study
- Simple percentage analysis
ADVANTAGE OF NATURAL ORGANIC FOODS
- Safer: Natural organic foods are produced without the chemical pesticides and additives commonly used in conservative foods. Though this has been unambiguously proven, the belief that organically grown foods pose fewer health risks remains.
- Better-Taste: A study at Washington state university found that organic apples were sweeter and had better texture and determination that conventionally grown apples. Studies such as these have contribute to the opinion that organic foods are not only healthier, but taste better than traditional foods.
- Environmental friendly: Organic farms have been shown to use less energy and produce less waste than conventional farms. Also, natural farming doesnt use synthetic pesticides, some of which can harm the environmental and wildlife.
- Farmer Friendly: Farmers who grow crop in the conventional method generally use pesticides, which studies have linked to various health problems ranging from headaches to cancer. once more, this is not a scientific fact, but it is used as another reason to buy organic
It is a certification process for producers of organic food and other organic agricultural products. In general, any business directly concerned in food production can be certified, including seed supplier, farmers, food processors, retailers and restaurants. Requirements vary from country to country, and in general involve a set of production standards for growing, storage, processing, packaging and shipping.
- Avoidance of synthetic chemical inputs (e.g. fertilizer, pesticides, antibiotics, food additives, etc) and genetically modified organism.
- Use of farmland that has been free from chemicals for a number of years.
- Keeping detailed written production and sales records.
TABLE: 1 SATISFACTION LEVEL OF ECO- FRIENDLY TOWARDS ORGANIC PRODUCTS
S.NO NO.OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGE (%) 1 Highly satisfied 57 38% 2 Satisfied 25 17% 3 Dissatisfied 5 3% 4 Moderate 45 30% 5 Highly satisfied 18 12% Total 150 100
The above table shows that,57% of the respondents are satisfied with the factor eco-friendly,45% of the respondents are highly satisfied25%, of the respondents opinion is moderate with eco friendliness of organic products,18% of the respondents are dissatisfied, of
respondents are highly dissatisfied5% with the factors eco friendly.
Relationship between Age and Type of Organic products prepared
Hypothesis: There is no significant difference between age of the respondents and the organic products preferred.
TABLE: 2 SIMPLE PERCENTAGES: AGE AND TYPE OF ORGANIC PRODUCT
S.NO PARTICULAR NO.OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGE (%) 1 Vegetables 51 34% 2 Flints 18 12% 3 Medicaments 20 13% 4 Honey 30 20% 5 Mushroom 31 21% Total 150 100% S.NO PARTICULAR NO.OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGE (%) 1 Vegetables 51 34% 2 Flints 18 12% 3 Medicaments 20 13% 4 Honey 30 20% 5 Mushroom 31 21% Total 150 100%
CHART:1 SATISFACTION LEVEL OF ECO- FRIENDLY TOWARDS ORGANIC PRODUCTS
SATISFACTION LEVEL FINDINGS
- The factor quality was assigned to first rank.
- There is a significant relationship between
monthly income and types of organic food products.
- The no relationship between gender and opinion level of organic food products.
- Majority of respondents, rank first to quality of the
- Consumers should be educated about the advantages of organic fanning products.
The analysis shown that perception towards organic food product depict the strongest relationship with buyers intention to buy organic food products followed by the buyers belief that consuming organic food product is contributing to preserving the environment. organic products as well as action taken by the government either to inform or to create awareness has not reach the satisfaction level in encouraging sustainable purchase with organic products. Majority consumers were awake to organic food, its edges and issues related to conventional food. Department to encourage farmers to provide and market organic products.
- Organic agriculture. Why is organic food more expensive than conventional food? Available from http://www.fao.org/organicag/oa-faq5/en.
- Harvey user promising up& coming organic farming titles,
- Uma sekaran Research methods for business, john wiley&sons,inc
- The creation of awareness of organic products is necessary among consumer.
- Sustained improvement in products features would lead to increase in consumption of organic food products.
- Allocation of separate share for organic food products in departmental stores.